West Nile Virus positive human case in SWNPHD health district
The first probable human case of West Nile Virus has been reported in the Southwest Nebraska Public Health Department (SWNPHD) nine county health district.
This is a good reminder for everyone to continue taking preventive measures against mosquito bites.” states Melissa Propp, RN, Surveillance Nurse at SWNPHD.
Some of the ways that you can prevent getting mosquito bites are:
• Wear your insect repellent with DEET. Remember sunscreen first then insect repellent.
• Check around your home for any standing water, including your gutters
• Repair any holes in screens and doors
• Wear your long sleeves and pants during the hours of dusk and dawn when mosquitoes are most active.
• Always read the directions for any insect or sunscreen product to be sure it is being used correctly