|Hospital develops strategies, goals|
|Written by Wauneta Breeze|
|Thursday, 06 August 2015 19:57|
By Russ Pankonin
The Imperial Republican
Hospital board members, administration and staff took another step towards the completion of a strategic plan for the hospital.
During the board’s July 23 meeting, CEO Steve Lewis presented the strategies and goals for the overall plan.
What remains in the process focuses on developing tactics, measurements and timelines to achieve the stated goals. Lewis said the plan should be ready for adoption by the board at the August meeting.
Strategies and goals
The project outlined six specific strategies and goals:
1. Community Partnership—Advance the relationship with the community through service, information, wellness and community partnerships.
2. Exceptional Care and Service—Provide excellent, safe, cost-effective care in a manner that is patient, family and community friendly.
3. Breadth of Services—Expand the services provided by the hospital.
4. Providers—Recruit and retain providers (medical doctors, physician assistants and nurse practitioners).
5. Affiliations and Alignment—Seek and align with organizations that enable the hospital to achieve these goals.
6. Financial Performance—Improve the financial performance of the organization.
In terms of finances, CFO Renee Fink reviewed the 2016 fiscal year budget with the board.
The hospital is budgeting for $10.7 million in net patient revenue, $228,000 in non-operating revenue and $10.8 million in expenses.
The addition of an orthopedic surgeon Dr. Michael Hajek to the specialty clinic should add volume to surgery, physical therapy, and radiology.
Dr. Hajek is planning to do his surgeries at the hospital for patients he sees at the hospital’s specialty clinic.
Board members also completed the one-year review of Lewis.
The next board meeting is scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 20, 2:30 p.m. MT in the hospital board room.