|THIS WEEK'S BRIEFS: Santa Saturday Dec. 10; Breeze closed for Thanksgiving; Special Village Board meeting Nov. 29|
|Written by Wauneta Breeze|
|Wednesday, 23 November 2011 22:13|
Santa Saturday and Shop Wauneta prize drawing entry sign-ups underway
With Santa Saturday hitting earlier than ever, now is the time to get your name included for Santa Saturday drawing prizes.
On Saturday, Dec. 10, an afternoon matinee movie showing at the Chateau Theatre for the youngsters will be capped with a visit from Santa around 3 p.m. MT.
The Santa Saturday Chamber Drawings will follow. You must be 18 years of age to enter and you must be present to win. Chamber businesses have come up with another great batch of drawing prizes, donated by participating businesses to add to the merriment of the holiday season.
This year’s prizes include:
• 32-inch LG television (BWTelcom)
• Dell laptop computer (BWTelcom)
* 52-week movie pass to the Chateau Theatre (BWTelcom)
• $100 in Chamber Bucks (Chase County Community Hospital and Clinics)
• Four $20 bundles of Chamber Bucks (Wauneta Chamber)
• Motorola two-way radios (SWPPD)
• Four turkeys (Doetker Grinding)
• Two $50 gift certificates (Susie’s Creative Stitches)
• Three $25 gift certificates (Walgren’s Super Market)
• Rocky Mountain Candle (Country Clipper and Charm)
• Crock Pot (Valley Bank & Trust)
• Enamel Wear with $20 gift certificate (Farm Bureau)
• $20 gift certificate (I Want That)
• $25 gift certificate (Tommy’s Sports Club)
• Two $30 meat gift certificates to Walgren’s (HomeTown Agency)
• $20 gift certificate (Hair Chateau)
• Two $50 bundles of Chamber Bucks (Sinner’s Paint and Body Shop)
• $150 gift certificate (Harch-elroad Motors)
• Two $40 gift certificates (Champa Group)
Sign-up is also on-going for a chance to win a Christmas basket full of prizes donated by Wauneta businesses. Pick up your Shop Wauneta game cards from participating businesses. For each $10 of business you do at a Wauneta Chamber business one punch will be taken from your card. When all the punches are finished you can enter that card into the drawing for the Shop Wauneta Christmas basket to be drawn for on Dec. 23.
Early morning fire call for W.V.F.D. Monday
A hay fire at the Chad and Sunni Nordhausen farm south of Wauneta had members of the Wauneta Volunteer Fire Department on the run at sun up Monday morning. The blaze was held in check by firefighters, with a limited amount of hay lost in the fire. Department members remained at the site for several hours, however, to ensure the smoldering pile of recently ground hay did not re-ignite.
Wauneta Breeze office closed for Thanksgiving
Due to the Thanksgiving Day holiday the office of The Wauneta Breeze will be closed Wednesday through Sunday, Nov. 23 - Nov. 27, with regular hours resuming on Monday, Nov. 28.
Village Board plans special meeting Nov. 29
The Wauneta Village Board will hold a special meeting on Tuesday, Nov. 29, at 9:30 a.m. MT to discuss and possibly take action on the proposed acquisition of Heritage of Wauneta nursing home.
Pair of quakes hit NW Nebraska last week
A second earthquake has struck parts of northwest Nebraska and southwest South Dakota.
The U.S. Geological Survey confirmed the area between Chadron and Crawford, and Hot Springs, S.D., had two small earthquakes last week.
The first, with a magnitude of 3.7 on the Richter scale, happened just before midnight Sunday, Nov. 13. The second, which had a magnitude of 3.3, happened about 2:30 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 15.
Both were felt by residents but neither was strong enough to cause damage.
— The Associated Press
|Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 November 2011 22:15|